Giving DuPage – in partnership with Lisle Savings Bank & the West Suburban Philanthropic Network – invites you to ‘How the Community Reinvestment Act Benefits Your Nonprofit Organization,‘ program on August 17.
Banking institutions are required to comply with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which encourages banks to meet the credit needs of the communities they serve, with a special emphasis on serving low- to moderate-income individuals. Learn from bankers what CRA covers and how your organization can leverage that knowledge to tailor your funding appeal for positive results.
- Learn from an expert panel of bankers about what CRA is and what it requires of banks
- Find out how to tailor your funding requests to capitalize on CRA requirements
- Discover how to document your service to low- and moderate-income families
- Hear about best practices & tips from the banker panel
- This program is intended for Nonprofit executive directors, grant writers, development & program teams and municipal managers & community development staff. Organizations serving low- to moderate-income individuals are highly encouraged to attend.
Panel of Speakers:
Allison Bartels, Compliance Officer – Leaders Bank
Lynette Briggs, Vice President/Regional CRA Officer – TCF Bank
Boyd Nelson, Executive Vice President/Director of Community Engagement – Woodforest National Bank
Moderated By Paul Jarosz, Senior Vice President/Director of Government Compliance – Oxford Bank & Trust
Location: Cantigny Park – Le Jardin Room (Visitor Center), 1S151 Winfield Park, Wheaton
7:30 a.m. Check In & Breakfast
8:00 to 9:00 a.m Program
$15/person and includes continental breakfast
Space is limited & last day to register is August 10