In 2015, Giving DuPage began its partnership with Northern Illinois University as a way to introduce Giving DuPage Nonprofit Members to an accredited and nationally-recognized certificate programs. Today, the NIU Center for Nonprofit and NGO Studies works in partnership with the NIU Civic Leadership Academy to provide many exciting professional development opportunities.
Giving DuPage Nonprofit Members have access to discounted course rates as a benefit of being a Giving DuPage partner. Courses are centered on professional development, organizational efficiency, and informed leadership
Discover why over 1,050 DuPage nonprofit professionals have participated in the NIU courses, with many of them pursuing nonprofit certification. We are excited to share the Fall 2022 course schedule – all virtual classes.
IMPORTANT NOTES & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Register for each course separately (Registration site works best through Google Chrome)
- Courses must have a minimum of 15 registered attendees, otherwise course will be rescheduled or canceled. Please register early, if you plan to attend. Attendees will be notified of cancellations as soon as possible by NIU staff.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy made at least 7 days prior to course date – the $5 registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, otherwise the registrant can substitute another person with written request to [email protected]
- Refund/Cancellation Policy made less than 7 days prior to course date – will be issued a future credit for another course valid through June 30, 2022.
- Discounted Course Rates apply to Giving DuPage members only – promo code is ‘GIVINGD’ and please see rate table below for current costs
- For any questions related to NIU course/content/instructor-related, please contact Dr. Alicia M. Schatteman at [email protected]. For questions regarding registration (or if you having difficulty registering), please contact [email protected].
|DATE||TIME||COURSES – CURRENT YEAR||LOCATION||GD PROMO/STANDARD RATE|
|Feb 1||9:00 am – 11:00 am||Negotiation Skills for NFP Employers – REGISTER HERE||webinar||$22 promo/$25 standard|
|Feb 7||6:00 pm – 7:30 pm||Whether and How to Form a Nonprofit Organization in Illinois – REGISTER HERE||webinar||FREE|
|Feb 20||12:30 pm||The Power of Psych Fundraising – REGISTER HERE||webinar||FREE|
|March 8||9:00 am -11:00 am||Budgeting & Understanding Financial Statements – REGISTER HERE||webinar||$22 promo/$25 standard|
|March 14||12:00 am – 1:00 pm||Nonprofit Fraud Awareness and Prevention – REGISTER HERE||webinar||FREE|
|March 15||9:00 am – 11:00 am||Nonprofit Strategic Planning – REGISTER HERE||webinar||$22 promo/$25 standard|
UPDATE ON LOCATION CONCERNS:
All Center for Nonprofit & NGO Studies classes hosted by Giving DuPage this academic year will take place virtually. For safety of attendees, there will be no in-person classes held.
Participants may register for one or multiple workshops and may register any time during the program year.
Giving DuPage Nonprofit Members are welcome to use our Promo Code ‘GIVINGD’ during registration process to receive discounted rate.
|Half – Day||$22||$25|
|Full – Day||not offered this year||not offered this year|
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR NONPROFIT & NGO STUDIES:
The Center for Nonprofit & NGO Studies combines different disciplines, theory, and real-life nonprofit practice. Through the Nonprofit and NGO Studies major, minor, and certificate, they offer NIU students with all different talents, passions, and experiences the ability to learn about the nonprofit and NGO worlds and make a difference in their communities. They are supported by and collaborate with nonprofit communities both locally and regionally, and offer our students opportunities to explore diverse service organizations and find their niche in the world.
Contact Giving DuPage at (630) 407-6458 or email [email protected].