In 2013, Giving DuPage started programs for Nonprofit Executive Directors, where EDs/CEOs could connect, engage, share best practices and network with peers. The EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR NETWORK is a place for EDs to share their best practices and concerns, with an ED-exclusive audience.
To attend the quarterly the ED Network meetings, you must be an Executive Director for a nonprofit organization serving the DuPage region.
ED Network – May 17 – NONPROFIT COLLABORATION & CONSOLIDATION
Time: 8:00 to 9:30 am
Introduction: Introduction Presentation by Chairman Dan Cronin of DuPage County
- Steve Boisse – Executive Director, DayOne PACT
- Mike Havala – Executive Director, Loaves & Fishes Community Services
- Janet Derrick – VP CARES Programs, Loaves & Fishes Community Services
- Shawn Healy – Former Board Member, Urban Gateways & Chicago History Museum – (and in his day job) Director of Democracy Program, McCormick Foundation
The current climate of funding challenges continue to force nonprofit leaders to consider collaboration & consolidation in ways they have never considered it before. Chairman Cronin will discuss his experiences & lessons learned for consolidation efforts within local government. He will also share implications for the nonprofit sector and potential ideas for collaboration. The panelists invited are Executive Directors or Board members who have led nonprofit organizations through a major merger/consolidation. The panel will discuss these areas.
- What led to the decision to consolidate?
- What has the experience been like?
- How has it impacted your team & culture?
- What are lessons learned?
- Was consolidation the right decision?
- Any advice to share for nonprofit organizations considering consolidation?
Location: DuPage County Administration Building – 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton – Auditorium
- Located on County Farm Road – between Jewell & Roosevelt Roads (on the east side of the road)
- There is a light with street sign that reads ‘North Entrance’ – turn east towards the 421 building
- Follow the curve in the road to the stop sign and into the 479 Parking Garage
- Park on the top level (roof) – also called the ‘red level’ and take the pedway into the 421 building
- Once inside, ask the security desk to direct you to the Auditorium
To RSVP for programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 630.407.6458.